what a college basketball coach looks for in a recruit. Interview with Larry Lewis
What a college Basketball Coach looks for in a recruit. The interview and Podcast #6.
Keith Alpert interviews Larry Lewis who is the assistant basketball coach at the University of California at Santa Barbara.
Larry is a former assistant coach with the Sacramento Kings and the Lakers.
Larry is a longtime professional player and a past client of Keith’s.
Here is the discussion that any up-coming athlete or parent should hear.
Timestamp of the discussion;
- 0.58 How Larry and Keith met, and how Keith changed Larry’s body.
- 2.48 How long Larry played and at what age he retired.
- 4.00 Larry talks about moving from Japan to Spain to play basketball.
- 8.40 The time restrictions that Keith and Larry faced with their training together.
- 9.57 How Keith changed Larry’s diet, the mental strength it gave him, and how it changed his body.
- 13.15 Larry talks about the transition of working with Keith in the offseason then going back to pre-season training with the team.
- 16.30 Larry’s transition from being a player to becoming a coach.
- 21.10 What does Larry look for when recruiting players.
- 25.25 How things have changed with recruiting because of the pandemic.
- 29.30 Larry talks about the importance of still working out during the pandemic.
- 34.00 Discussion about Larry’s son who is entering his junior year in high school and plays basketball. What Larry is doing to help his training.
- 40.00 Advice to parents for helping their kids advance.￼
Online coaching and program writing is available.